Fire in Garment Store

08 January 2007

A fire that broke out in a shop in a commercial complex in the city destroyed the goods stored in it. On Sunday, a wholesale ready-made garment store in Linking Tower near Lady Goschen Hospital caught fire.
A short circuit is said to be the cause for the fire which destroyed the goods in the shop and also damaged the adjacent shop.
It may be recalled that in February last a major fire had broken in the same commercial complex which alerted the district administration on the non-adherence to safety from fire in public buildings.
The fire fighting force took around 1 hour to extinguish the flames. The loss is estimated at Rs 3 lac.


Post a Comment

Copyright © Mangalore Live